Twitter

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Everybody is in the closet






     OK. i am coming out of the closet today. Not as a gay person because i am not gay, unfortunately. i am coming out as an artist because, very unfortunately, i am an artist. Referring to the enlightening words of Ash Beckham, all of us have a closet (or closets) from which we need to come out. One must free oneself for others may follow. Then, your freedom will be the freedom of many.

     Today, i come out as an artist. The strangest of all is that this act of coming out may be the very fruit of going the deepest within myself through the expansion of my zen practice. Digging into the darkest of myself, I found the sun. By doing nothing, i accomplished all i wanted (and had all along.)

     If you haven't read my page before, be very welcome. If you have been here before, thank you very much for coming back. Today is the start of a new phase for this blog and for my life. The difference will be very noticeable. It will be more intense. It will more personal. It will be more motivating. It will be more relevant.

     Today, it is a great day to relaunch this blog. The stars are just in the right alignment (with time, you'll found out that I am an Astrology nerd, too). There is a lot of fiery energy driving me this time around. However, there is a lot of solid background that has been built throughout the 46 years of my life. This mixing of heat and rock provoked an eruption, bursting lava. That is the reason for my new profile picture. My face is now out here in the World. i wonder if this is the face I had before my parents were born.


Cease practice based
On intellectual understanding,
Pursuing words and
Following after speech.
Learn the backward
Step that turns
Your light inward
To illuminate within.
Body and mind of themselves
Will drop away
And your original face will be manifest.
Dogen
You cannot describe it or draw it,
You cannot praise it enough or perceive it.
No place can be found in which
To put the Original Face;
It will not disappear even
When the universe is destroyed.
Mumon









No comments: