Twitter

Friday, October 3, 2014

The World is its own Magic



          

          Hopes and goals motivate me to move ahead in life. However, I am aware that hopes and goals can also drive one into a vicious cycle of dissatisfaction, if being hopeful and determination become ends in themselves. That would cost me a very high price; the price of not enjoying the good of living the life that I live right now, exchanging the life that I have for a life that may never realize. May I find a way of turning even my daily commute into a sightseeing trip.

               One of the blessings of my art is to translate and highlight to me the magic present in every moment, the miracle of simplicity and the miracle of ordinariness. May I become a better artist and love the process.

               Afraid of becoming overwordly, I’ll end this comments transcribing two quotes of very well-known poets whom the sentence on the card above reminded me.

                     The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
                                                                                                                                                       - Marcel Proust



O see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

- William Blake

No comments: